- This event has passed.
“Facebook for Journalists” with Digital Trainer Kerwin Speight
March 23 @ 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
The Baltimore Association of Black Journalists presents
“Facebook for Journalists”
Saturday March 23, 2019
Noon – 2p.m.
The Baltimore Sun, 300 E. Cromwell Street, Baltimore, MD 21230.
(GPS & Ride Share Address Advisory: Please use 225 E. Cromwell Street for navigation programs. This address is across the street from Sun Park’s front entrance, so be aware that Sun Park will be on the opposite side from where the navigation program takes you.)
Government ID required for entry.
Journalists and media-related professionals regularly use Facebook and Instagram to enhance our work. Let us show you creative and innovate ways to maximize these social media platforms.
Saturday March 23, 2019 noon to 2p.m. the Baltimore Association of Black Journalists will host “Facebook for Journalists” with Society of Professional Journalists Digital Trainer Kerwin Speight. The SPJ/Facebook Journalism Project training shows journalists how to best use Facebook and Instagram to connect with audiences, find content and build communities.
Speight’s training will provide:
- A deeper dive. The training gives journalists a comprehensive look into the world’s largest social networking site, specifically focusing on how journalists of all mediums can inform their communities and share and highlight their work using Facebook tools.
- New storytelling formats. If you’re looking for new ways to tell stories this training will help. From LIVE video to 360 photos and instant articles, this training walks you through how to use the tools while providing examples from journalists all over the world who are producing engaging content using these storytelling formats.
- Engagement. The training provides a hands-on approach to teach people how to engage with their users and community while going LIVE, by creating a Facebook Group and more.
- Video. People love to watch and share video. In the training, a number of tools and best practices are highlighted that can help journalists enhance video engagement.
- Best Practices. The training provides examples of how publishers and journalists are using the platform in different ways each day to inform and engage with their audience. The examples are provided so you can take the best practices into your newsroom.
Our general business meeting runs from noon until 12:20, followed by our workshop from 12:30 – 2p.m. Bring your laptops and/or mobile devices because this will be an interactive experience.
Lunch will be provided.
RSVP here to attend “Facebook for Journalists” March 23, 2019.